polvy

Dynamic shatter transfer (easy)

Hi there!

I'm afraid I forgot something simple here, because there is no way I can transfer shatter to a moving object (in this case a walking biped ). I know that best way is to shatter before apply movement but in this case I'm working on an Alembic file so there is no option here. 

I attach a simplified version of my problem, hope you guys can solve it, thanks! :)

dynamicShatterTransfer.hip

I was afraid that the solution was this because I find it terribly slow,I suppose I'll have to send fractured geometry to Maya, re-animate and save the Alembic again with the animation of the shattered  character...(sorry for bad english). Thank you so much anyway

Edited by polvy

I didn't do it in the hip I shared, but if you go to the cloth capture sop and reduce the radius, it becomes basically real time. As long it's a simple fracture is shouldn't be a problem

44 minutes ago, vtrvtr said:

I didn't do it in the hip I shared, but if you go to the cloth capture sop and reduce the radius, it becomes basically real time. As long it's a simple fracture is shouldn't be a problem

I'll try it, thanks! 

Guest tar

also if you can get pointdeform to work it's much faster than clothcapture/deform setups.

2 hours ago, marty said:

also if you can get pointdeform to work it's much faster than clothcapture/deform setups.

I tried already, fixes the problem but not 100% accurate.

1 hour ago, 3dome said:

another way (but fracturing will be calculated every frame)

dm_dynamicShatterTransfer.hip

Wow! Solved! But i'm wondering how "animStore" expression keeps and transfers moving points to shattered geometry so efficiently. I've never seen anything like this before, very clever.