ParticleSkull

Pyro | Multiple Sources with Unique Microsolvers?

Hey guys,

I think it's easier to explain with this images:

Sttj7J8.jpg Q5jhJKW.jpg

Basically, is there a way to apply turbulence to one of the sources only?

I'm not even sure if that's the best way of using 2 emitters so any tips will be very valid ;)

Thank's

multi.pyro.v1a.hiplc

I just realised it was stupid to use 2 Smoke Objects :blush:
Despite of that, the question remains the same. 

btw, my main problem is on how to make one emitter dissipate more than the other one. Not sure why I tried it with turbulence in the first place

You can use an id mask, so this mask should be advected / transported exactly the same as density, this way you can use it to mask whatever filter/effect you want. 

• Like 1

Thx @fencer! This mask setup is pretty awesome but it's not exactly what I'm looking for (i'm sure it will be useful in the future though)

Hey Alejandro, this id mask looks like what I'm looking for! I'll do some research on it, thank you!

Hey Alvaro,

Here is a bit over-complicated setup using a vector field to define the id masks, but you can use also scalar fields directly. In this setup I'm using the id masks ( aka source A, sourceB ) to affect dissipation and turbulence for each source, please look into those "shapers" in the pyro solver.

I hope this helps you!

Cheers!

Alejandro

multi.pyro.v1a.hiplc

Edited by Pazuzu
  • Like 3

Guys, you're freaking awesome :D

Alejandro, it's perfect but it looks a bit complicated for me atm. It's an excellent scene to study and I'll definetelly dissect and recreate it later

Paul, thank you very much, that's it and it looks so simple! I'll make some tests right now