Parametric and Procedural Design with Houdini (Houdini Tutorial FB page)

jhorikawa

I've recently started using Houdini coming from a Grasshopper/Rhinoceros + Architectural background and quickly I realized it's such a great tool for parametric & procedural design for modeling some geometrical shapes which sometimes GH is not good at. I'm planning to post tutorials for Houdini to following Facebook page and Youtube channel as my note how to make geometries I'm interested in.

[Facebook Page]

https://www.facebook.com/ParametricProceduralHoudini/

[Youtube Playlist (Fast ver.)]

[Youtube Playlist (Slow ver.)]

21055047_1530833610316032_1916495222918422278_o.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Exact same thing here, after four solid years of trying to turn Grasshopper into my geometry engine, I learned Python and suddenly realized that I had become a generalist and that Grasshopper and its forum were limiting me when I wanted access to serious algorithms but they were all in animation software, not Rhino!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Noobini said:

the voronoi frac gives you inside/outside groups so just stick in a delete, click dropdown list, pick inside ? can't be simpler than that...

Yeah but I wanted to have a straight line for voronoi cell on the mesh surface. If there's any simple way to achieve it I'm happy to hear it.

it's nothing really...I know you said you're relatively new to Houdini...so it's simply coz you hadn't come across inside/outside of voronoi that comes for free...then taking advantage of it...that's all.

But your experience in applying grasshopper to Houdini is great tho...like me trying to do stuff in houdini that I did with Max MCG...just cross polination...main principles still the same...keep up with the tutorials :)

ps: I'm a non-coder so with me you'd see more nodes and less codes...

Edited by Noobini
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...