So

TheUsualAlex

and here of course, mr smooth!!

plan9 - all polygons, i don't do much nurbs but will be working on changing that as whenever i have used nurbs with houdini i have found it quite pleasant. and re; 'workarounds' - as you can see from the poly count i'm trying to use as few as possible while still being able to give a pretty ok appearance in lo/hi rez. i have actually deleted polys as i had more detail in there, eg; wrikles, more bumps, etc, i don't know why but i was just thinking less is ok and i have a liking for simple things. (next time round i will go for detail.) but while maintaining very much the same head i tried to sculpt it in a way that all three are different characters and not only just the same head with three different expressions.

btw, i suppose with this forum it's ask and you shall recieve which is really cool!!!!

looking forward to more of everything from everybody everyday!!!

thanx guys

post-19-1034756129.jpg

Betty,

Thats a lovely model too, but I love the exaggeration in the subdiv cage. The subdivided version is a touch smooth for my tastes since the cage guy looks nice and mean. Very cleanly modeled, it seems.

Szymon, you've taken your model pretty far! Is that a photographic texture for his skin?

thanks for the comments and yes i agree some work needs to be done to get the smooth models to a more effective state, i as well prefer the 'look' of the lo-res cages. for these models i really was all over the place with wanting this and then wanting that and finally settling on something i didn't expect. in the end i settled with something dead simple and like i said i actually deleted details like wrinkles and stuff. but yeah, i think it's been long enough that i've been doing these and my next model will have a lot more detail put into it. looking forward heaps to doing it and showing you guys.

btw, juice - that's very cool!

• 4 weeks later...