Archi

Simulating Plant Life: Approaching realism

Hi

It's already far from my first attempt to simulate wind and realistic movement in Houdini.
Since it's f addictive and so hard to stop playing with tons of variations, noises, mixes and stuff.
Just wanted to share with you guys where I'm going to make some point, and get your honest opinion.
Still a wip tho.

• Like 3

it's all pretty good! can you tell something about your technical approach? have you also tried other kind of trees / other plants?

Looking good ! I could feel the wind, Bravo !

Do you plan to sim the trunk ? Because with this wind this type of tree tend to bend. You could do it without simulating tho.

The shading/ lookdev is neat and please my eyes :P

It is really really good, I wish the wind did affect the trunk to be able to judge the animation though... as it is the lack of movement in the main trunk is very distracting but I can tell it is going to look fantastic once finished.

Posted (edited)

going well the only thing i blame to sesi developers is noise in subsurface, is the hardest to remove,  they should fix that asap 

Edited by dyei nightmare

It's looks fantastic. Will you plain to show your setup or create some tutorial with explanation?