Hi Everyone I was wondering if someone knows how I can create this effect I have just done a simple smoke simulation, but I do not know how to make the inside: 

also, if anyone knows, I am trying to create this object with the exterior like the purple surface, but the inside to look like this: 

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

1.jpg

3.jpg

1 hour ago, dani said:

Hi Everyone I was wondering if someone knows how I can create this effect I have just done a simple smoke simulation, but I do not know how to make the inside: 

also, if anyone knows, I am trying to create this object with the exterior like the purple surface, but the inside to look like this:

Hi,

Do you have a geometry of the forms / hollows you are showing us ?

One idea can be to convert your pyro sim (once it is simed) to VDB, and from there substract the parts / blobs you want as hollow into your sim (VDB Combine).

If you don’t have the geometry of the hollows, that will be tricky to obtain... I would calculate a gradient to determine the normals of the fluid and use that to carve the interior (using a volume wrangle maybe ?). Your start at the surface of the fluid, you travel a certain amount into the fluid (thickness of your « walls ») in the reverse direction of the normal, and from there you set the density to 0... Not sure it can works, but I would spend some time thinking of how to do it with those tools...

Another idea could be to use a noise function to replace the density values only inside the fluid (using your sim surface as a mask, as described above, converting it to a SDF), and choose the right frequency and roughness of the noise to make those hollows (and maybe remap the with a ramp to create more abrupt change of densities and see clearly those hollows...)

Hope that helps you a bit...

Edited by StepbyStepVFX
  • Like 1

I do have the geometry of the hollow parts, do you maybe have an email I can contact you on to show you what I currently have?