PlatinumFishy

Limit one parameter using another?

To be more specific I am trying to make parameter1 equal parameter2 when parameter2 is larger than Parameter1

if(param2 > param1)

param1 = param2;

^^this but in the parameter menu

Posted (edited)

you can simply clamp param2 by param1, can't you?

@param1 = 0.2; //0.2 being value you want to clamp to but it can be anything

@param2 = clamp(@param2, 0, @param1);

Edited by davpe

Posted (edited)

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I know how to do it in vex, hscript, etc. but I am trying to do this on a control null node. So within the actual parameter interface.

Edited by PlatinumFishy

6 hours ago, PlatinumFishy said:

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I know how to do it in vex, hscript, etc. but I am trying to do this on a control null node. So within the actual parameter interface.

In the interface, I am not sure a parameter can refer to himself in the expression.

Therefore, I think your need to create a third parameter that will take min of both values, and use this value instead of parameter2 OR, create a new parameter where you set a value of « parameter 2 » (altough this is a dummy paramater), and in parameter 2 you take min of parameter1 and the value of new parameter...

To create another parameter on a node you need to click on the cog, and edit parameter interface. There you can create a parameter with the type you want.

8 hours ago, PlatinumFishy said:

To be more specific I am trying to make parameter1 equal parameter2 when parameter2 is larger than Parameter1

if(param2 > param1)

param1 = param2;

^^this but in the parameter menu

Hello Andrew !

In this condition param1 never will bee smaller then param2. If this is OK for you then see hip.

params.hipnc

Isnt there a python way to limit sliders? So "red radius" can never be set higher than "blue radius". Without having a third parameter that does the clamping?

Hi Konstantin!

Maybe there is solution with python for it but I know python not good unfortunately.  In my hip red radius may be bigger but not smaller. Whereas blue radius may be smaller but not bigger. I don't know what exactly the goal Andrew wants to achieve is.