1st Annual Houdini Hacker Contest

Wolfwood

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all,

I have just submittted my entry for the contest. If anybody is as curious for the entries as I am, he might enjoy the quicktime I created to show mine.

It is a 4 MB quicktime sorenson 3 video:

http://www.stickylight.com/public/hh/Kv_Lo...ominos_V2.8.mov

Back work now to make up for time spend on this great contest. :D  Thanks to the odforce crew for organising!

Cheers,

Koen Vroeijenstijn

22522[/snapback]

Nice koen! did a bird also get killed during the making? ;)

Here is another little trick that might be of use to people.

If you are creating some sort of interactive hip demo and you want to make sure the UI is setup the way you like, you can create a dummy digital asset and put the relevant hscript commands into the OnLoad Event.

Say you want to make a floating viewer pane that's setup all nice and pretty, you can do the following in your dummy's asset OnLoad Event.

pane -F -m viewer -n El_Viewo -w 512 512
pane -A 0 El_Viewo

Doesn't do much but serves as an example of what ya can do.

damn i wish i was cool enought to post my cent here :) ... now i just cant wait to see your works and learn from 'em.

good luck everybuddy :)

22942[/snapback]

Still got a day :)

Doesn't have to be some super fancy rendering. I clever hack or trick is just as good. :)

Ok..so "technically" the contest is suppose to end in like 20 minutes. But since I'm going out of the country for 4 days I won't be able to look at any of the entries until Monday morning. <_<

So if you want to take a few extra days to make those last few changes or had some crazy idea you want to try out go right ahead.

Long story short,

Contest is extended until Sunday Night

(plus ending a contest in the middle of a work week sucks)

Woo. Here's an update.

I got back late last night, so I'm going to go through all the entries tonight when I get home from work. It will take a day or two, then I'll send the bundle to the different judges. So hopefully I can get all the results and entries posted by Friday.

:)