Vop Playground!

altbighead

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id like two of those and a procedural lick!

nice work!!

send that to ali-g, to sell his special ice-cream eating glove with, (you'll need it)  :)

22802[/snapback]

haha.. another ali-g fan .. :P

thanks everyone for the kind word.. :D VOP rocks and still have lot more to learn. :unsure:

thanks..

I am not really diggin the mushy look . I will try to get that look before i lost my focus. :ph34r:

real

post-602-1132778689_thumb.jpg

this is a close-up . :blink:

22817[/snapback]

Yeah, comparing it to the photo, you're only really missing the high-frequency icy texture in some areas. That and the subtle subsurface effect - by first things first.

• 2 months later...
Really cool.

Can you upload to the exchange ?

Congrats!

24134[/snapback]

hey thanks..

I will upload the file once I finish putting everything together.

Rigth now it is in visualization stage so I only use vex sop.As Jason mentioned in other post, I will liek to have vex sop/blenshape for lager transformation , displacement map for medium detailed and finally bump/color for finer detailed.

Peace ;)

• 1 month later...

I got some free time and worked on my version of banana shader.

I throw in some light and did this test rendering .

okI have to warn you guys. those bananas are rejected from exporting . :P

post-602-1141097163_thumb.jpg

and here is vop net for some .

post-602-1141096445_thumb.jpg

ohh man .. it is messy but i am giving up hand coding vex shader for now.

yea.. that network's not too bad, but man, how can you take those straight wires..?? that's one of the things that's driving me nuts about nuke right now (among other ui things).. it just makes the dag so unorganized imho..

good stuff though altbighead.. keep up the nice work.. ;)

That network looks pretty good to me. You've seen nothing yet if you think a network like that is complicated. :)

25168[/snapback]

are you trying to make newbies run away from houdini ? :P

yea.. that network's not too bad, but man, how can you take those straight wires..?? that's one of the things that's driving me nuts about nuke right now (among other ui things).. it just makes the dag so unorganized imho..

good stuff though altbighead.. keep up the nice work.. wink.gif

straight wires are the BEST!! :) .thanks for the kind comment.I know i need to tweak abit more but sometimes you just want to step back and continue later again.I am trying to really get used to shading and lighting flow in houdini beacuse i am interested in creating cool images. :D RIght now my shaing /lighting skill is newbie at best. :ph34r:

that's one of the things that's driving me nuts about nuke right now (among other ui things).. it just makes the dag so unorganized imho..

..but have you experienced the beauty of the Dot node? ;)

For people out there wihtout Nuke they're like tiny little Null nodes whose only purpose is to let you re-reroute your wires around the place. So nice!