char2_wip

TheUsualAlex

Hi Betty,

It's going to be coming very slowly. Yeah, I am going to model the ear seperately because it's easier to get the desired shape and topology that way.

Generally, the starting point is always the most difficult for me as well as the LEAST enjoying experience simply because I have to bite the bullet to accept the very harsh looking model. But once I get the general shape and topology down, it just becomes a matter of shaping it all out. Good reference materials (I wish I have a second monitor...) as well as looking at other people's topology set up is very important to me. When I think I am close to completion, I would animate the lights to observe the shadow to make sure that the surface is as convencing as I can make it. And for all the reason above, that's why I find it difficult to do lo-res game modeling because it's harder for me to see the shape... :(

Remember, tho, I am still learning to model. I would have absolutely no idea how I would go about tackling some creature modeling. I really want to learn to write shader so that I can write my own skin (SSS) and fuzz shader...

Hope that helped.

ALex