Disney's "The Wild" Trailer News

michael

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just saw it last night and all i have to say is that it was stunning.. the visuals are *amazing* you guys..  well done.. hats off to all of you at core...  :notworthy:

26521[/snapback]

Man I second this you guys totally nailed it. I was about to jump out of my seat at the incredible character animation and effects. This is a great production for Houdini and I saw character animation that I swear I have not seen out of any other studio even pixar which is very good animation. I would say you guys are neck and neck but you have a very different style made possible by the procedural nature of Houdini. The plot was awesome also and so were the lines. This movie blows Ice Age 2 right out of the water. Very Very exciting time with Houdini and Character Animation. :);) Kudos and good luck with your next character production with Houdini. You landed a slam dunk in my book.

Cheers,

Nate Nesler

Does all of this mean that Houdini 9 will have milion of new character tools? It must be a great source of information - just seates side by side of "fresh" animator and write for them tools in hours. Trail by fire.

Actually I'm very intrested in next realise, it's so quiet around. But summer is comming. Does anybody know anything about new features in H8.5(9)?

cheers,

SYmek.

Great job guys and gals from CORE.By far one of the most amazingly hyper-realistic looking film I have ever seen.I mean all the furry animals with realistic look and all the detailed enviroment set.I think It reminds me of Dinosour and as some other ppl mentioned , almost like watching blockbuster commerical.

Visual/CG -9.5

Story -6.5

I know this movie is for kids but I think that if they go further with even funnier version or serious one , It will totally rocks the audiences.While there are a little similarity between The Wild and Madagascar , I can safely safe that this is like 1% of the entire movie.Nigual and Benny totally stole the show and i wish that they get more screen time .The snake and giraffe looks a little out of place and boring IMO.I wish "The Wild" is doing well in box office and return some profits because this movie showcased the capablility of first time animated production from canada.

I will recommend ths movie for kids and ppl who like to wacth eye candy cg animated film.

Congrats CORE. You guys should really be proud of this film. :)

Does all of this mean that Houdini 9 will have milion of new character tools?

26564[/snapback]

Very few of the features developed in Houdini during production didn't make it into Houdini by v8. You have to remember that character tools are used relatively early in the production cycle. In fact, many of these features showed up in Houdini 7.

Very few of the features developed in Houdini during production didn't make it into Houdini by v8. You have to remember that character tools are used relatively early in the production cycle. In fact, many of these features showed up in Houdini 7.

26599[/snapback]

yes you're right, I forgot how many new character tools apear in 7 & 8. I was surprised by the fact mentioned in the article that attributeTransfer was developed so resently right for CORE. I thought it was in Houdini since Point SOP was because it so in Houdini manner just to manipulate attributes like that. By the way is AttributeTransfer just remapping of point attributes or it does some smart work for smoothing, interpolating, extrapolating etc.? I've never used it actually... :blush: