Sign in to follow this  
heydeun2

Houdini Pyro render issues

I'm working on a houdini pyro smoke scene and the problem is when I render it, 

the smoke comes out like it's boiling and also with layers ... I don't know why this happens...

maybe because of the emitter or maybe render setting...? I couldn't find it on google as well...

somebody help please :( 

pic.JPG

41 minutes ago, heydeun2 said:

I'm working on a houdini pyro smoke scene and the problem is when I render it, 

the smoke comes out like it's boiling and also with layers ... I don't know why this happens...

maybe because of the emitter or maybe render setting...? I couldn't find it on google as well...

somebody help please :( 

pic.JPG

Hard to tell without more info, but usually : you can solve the « stairs » problem by increasing the substeps of your simulation. With small substeps, those stairs effect appear where the speed is high. I don’t what source you have used, but if it’s from particles or object, you can also increase the substeps, to smooth the emission and then avoid having those artifacts.

The « boiling » : well, I think you’re talking about the smoke taking the form of a big smooth mushroom while getting high in the air ? You can limit this either by lowering the temperature of your your smoke, and/or decreasing the buoyancy of your pyro sim. The force that is applied to the smoke is buoyancy * (delta Temperature). A bit like an Archimede force but with difference of T between the fluid and its surrounding. By decreasing that, you limit the mushroom effect.

Hope that helps

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, StepbyStepVFX said:

Hard to tell without more info, but usually : you can solve the « stairs » problem by increasing the substeps of your simulation. With small substeps, those stairs effect appear where the speed is high. I don’t what source you have used, but if it’s from particles or object, you can also increase the substeps, to smooth the emission and then avoid having those artifacts.

The « boiling » : well, I think you’re talking about the smoke taking the form of a big smooth mushroom while getting high in the air ? You can limit this either by lowering the temperature of your your smoke, and/or decreasing the buoyancy of your pyro sim. The force that is applied to the smoke is buoyancy * (delta Temperature). A bit like an Archimede force but with difference of T between the fluid and its surrounding. By decreasing that, you limit the mushroom effect.

Hope that helps

Thanks for your advice even there wasn't much info. I think both of the problem might happened maybe because of substeps as you said. I'll have a try! 

Thank you very much!