Snappy_Darko

Replacing Houdini Ground Plane In UE4

Novice Q: I'm exporting an RBD collision from Houdini to UE4, how do I replace the collision geometry of the groundplane in Houdini with the landscape i've created in UE4?

Edited by Snappy_Darko

The groundplane dop allows you to point to a sop geometry. Make sure you look at the collision geometry though, as if the terrain is complex it may not reproduce it 100% with out adjusting the values.

17 hours ago, LaidlawFX said:

The groundplane dop allows you to point to a sop geometry. Make sure you look at the collision geometry though, as if the terrain is complex it may not reproduce it 100% with out adjusting the values.

Thanks, I used the Terrain Object node, which turned the terrain to a ground plane.. though my issue now is that I can't trigger the animation in UE4, they will be baked into the FBX and i don't believe can then be controlled by parameters in UE4 .

It depends on what is triggering the animation, as an example see the forum post below.

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/556925/animating-fbx-on-trigger.html

You may want to use the Texture Vertex Animation for something a bit more perform-ant. It's a shader that you will need to trigger though instead. 

Thanks for the link.  The scene is first person and I want the animation to trigger when the first person gets within a certain distance from the object.  I'll try the texture vertex animation, Luis Kruel I think has a video on those.  

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.