Jump to content
Zetha

HD print screen?

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to make a print screen with high resolution without doing a render?

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Zetha said:

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to make a print screen with high resolution without doing a render?

 

Thanks!

I don't know what you're trying to achieve, but if you want to extract a vector graphics from the projected view of an object, you can certainly do it.

If the program that will open that file accepts any format that you have in Save / Geometry at Geometry level, then yo can simply do that.

Otherwise, you can cull the backface with delete / Normal / Backface from ( then point to an orthographic view camera), project the object on a grid with Ray SOP, convert lines SOP , then write to a  file in a wrangle using a format that is friendly to your application, depending on your skills.

You can also do STL to PS or anything really, STL being an ASCII format, it shouldn't be hard to convert to whatever format you need

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to do something much easier, just an image of what you can see in the screen.

A printscreen has low resolution, and doing renders of everything step by step is very slow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you can use the openCL node in the out context or a ropnet. That node will "render" what is on your screen, in whatever resolution you set it in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jesper Rahlff said:

you can use the openCL node in the out context or a ropnet. That node will "render" what is on your screen, in whatever resolution you set it in

I assume you meant OpenGL, as in a quick and dirty way to render   ? I'm not sure what the OP meant with " what you can see in the screen."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, AntoineSfx said:

I assume you meant OpenGL, as in a quick and dirty way to render   ? I'm not sure what the OP meant with " what you can see in the screen."

ha yes. I meant the OpenGL node. not OpenCl. Thanks Antoine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×