roberttt

creating noise in glue strength

I was doing a similar thing not that long ago. I promoted the Cd attribute from point to primitive and used a PRIMITIVE Wrangle to set up my constraint attributes (which I'm guessing you missed as I can see the @strength in your POINT attributes).

As mentioned above when Cd is on primitives just add a Prim Wrangle and do the following f@strength = @Cd.x.

In my example I just used a paint node, used red and green color, painted areas where I wanted the glue to be strong and areas where I wanted it to break easier then did an IF statement in a wrangle just checking for the color on the primitive and if it was green = strength 1000, if red = strength 10.  

Edited by char
formatting
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, char said:

I was doing a similar thing not that long ago. I promoted the Cd attribute from point to primitive and used a PRIMITIVE Wrangle to set up my constraint attributes (which I'm guessing you missed as I can see the @strength in your POINT attributes).

As mentioned above when Cd is on primitives just add a Prim Wrangle and do the following f@strength = @Cd.x.

In my example I just used a paint node, used red and green color, painted areas where I wanted the glue to be strong and areas where I wanted it to break easier then did an IF statement in a wrangle just checking for the color on the primitive and if it was green = strength 1000, if red = strength 10.  

Thanks Char, by the way how can i write that expression you mentioned above like your your example because i am new in houdini little bit.

The way I used it was in a Primitive Wrangle.

if(@Cd.r > 0.1){

s@constraint_name = "Glue";
    @strength = 1000;
}
else
    s@constraint_name = "Hard";

Obviously this was using Red and Green color to set it up initially.

There might be several ways to achieve it, but for what I was testing, it worked. 

• Like 1

On 2018-08-13 at 3:08 AM, char said:

The way I used it was in a Primitive Wrangle.

if(@Cd.r > 0.1){

s@constraint_name = "Glue";
    @strength = 1000;
}
else
    s@constraint_name = "Hard";

Obviously this was using Red and Green color to set it up initially.

There might be several ways to achieve it, but for what I was testing, it worked. 

thanks Char