Vexosaur

Houdini and UE4 procedural cave tool and breakdown on Gumroad

I made a tool for creating fully procedural cave systems from curves for use inside UE4 with Houdini Engine. Check it out, let me know what you think.

Available here: https://gum.co/hdacaves

Enjoy!

• Like 2

Hi and thanks for making this amazing tool! I just purchased it today and I'm having a lot of fun playing with it, however, I'm having collision issues in unreal engine. I created a First Person project to test it with and when I place the character inside the cave and press play the character is immediately pushed out of the cave. I've watched both of your videos but don't recall any mention of dealing with collisions in UE4. I've played with the collision tolerance settings that are built into the tool but I'm not having any luck. I'll keep poking around but if you have any quick tips I would greatly appreciate it. 

Cheers!

UPDATE: I got it to work out just fine with a third person template and it's awesome! Still not sure what the hang up was on my first test project but oh well. Thanks so much for this tool!

Edited by explosivo
Update

On 05/09/2019 at 8:26 AM, explosivo said:

Hi and thanks for making this amazing tool! I just purchased it today and I'm having a lot of fun playing with it, however, I'm having collision issues in unreal engine. I created a First Person project to test it with and when I place the character inside the cave and press play the character is immediately pushed out of the cave. I've watched both of your videos but don't recall any mention of dealing with collisions in UE4. I've played with the collision tolerance settings that are built into the tool but I'm not having any luck. I'll keep poking around but if you have any quick tips I would greatly appreciate it. 

Cheers!

UPDATE: I got it to work out just fine with a third person template and it's awesome! Still not sure what the hang up was on my first test project but oh well. Thanks so much for this tool!

Weird, not sure what would cause that.  

Thank you, glad you are finding it useful.