Rival Consoles

UVs to polys from VDB showing distorted seams

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out this thing about UVs and polygons from vdb in Houdini and so far so good except for the new and nasty UV seams that are created after the transfer is done through attribute from volume. Maybe someone can shed a light on this, it would be much appreciated.

So, i created a simple scene with the pig head, converted it to vdb (from polygons) and then back to polygons. My intention is to transfer the UVs from the original head to the converted polygons from vdb, just for studying purposes. I used the attribute from volume node and it worked almost great, the UVs are transferred nicely but with nasty distorted seams.

Even though the UV seams get lost in the vdb conversion, the approximation performed by the attribute from volume node is quite good but i cannot imagine a solution to solve the distortion on the seams, at least through this approach. The attached images show the comparison between the original UVs and the transferred UVs to the converted polys from vdb.

Any idea about how to clean the erratic distortion on the seams? Or, is it even possible to do such thing?

Thanks.

Original_UVs.png

Transferred_UVs.png

UV_Seams_distorted.png