Cut Mesh to UDIM Tiles ?

On 10/30/2018 at 7:25 PM, davpe said:

2 - if you want to specify which pieces go to which tile you just simply build an udim primitive integer attribute with desired udim number and then you can feed it into UVLayout SOP (by which I do not mean UV layout program :)) and have your uvs packed into desired uv tiles.

Do you mean as such within a primitive wrangler;

i@udimValue=1002; 

Set this attribute as a color visualizer on primitives ? 

When creating the code from your second post within a wrangler, the UV islands disappear ?

Edited by CinnamonMetal

yeah something like that only the udim attribute name is just "udim" i think, to be recognized automatically by uvlayout SOP. not sure at this point exactly. read the docs.

my code doesn't give you uv islands. only the udim number.

2 hours ago, davpe said:

yeah something like that only the udim attribute name is just "udim" i think, to be recognized automatically by uvlayout SOP. not sure at this point exactly. read the docs.

my code doesn't give you uv islands. only the udim number.

I want the geo spreadsheet to show me how many udim values dependent on how many uv islands are for each udim value.  In other words; if there are three uv islands over three udim values that would be shown, best in detail view at 1001,1002 etc.

Creating a point attribute using the attribute udim, then promoting it from points to detail only shows one udim value ?

with detail, any attribute can only hold one value per object. so promoting to detail won't work. 

as for computing number of islands per udim, you can definitely do that with H17 as uvlayout SOP now gives you both island number and udim number. with some vex magic you should be able to get how many unique island numbers are there for each unique udim attribute. but I don't know the solution right now. you will have to start digging on your own or wait for somebody else to give you the answer.