Martin47

New Retime sop with flip fluids cache

Hi everyone. 

I was playing around with the new Retime Sop which works amazing on pyro sims, so I was trying to slow down a flip fluid cache but not luck.

if I turn on the interpolation method, the point position blows out, which seems logical since there is no way to found the correct ID for each point, and if I turn the interpolation off, it does exactly as they say, no interpolation.

correct me if I am wrong, but seems like we have to follow the common method of "no reseeding" anyway right?.

I thought there would be some new magical recipe, retiming the velocity field and advecting position or something wow like that. :lol:

thanks guys!

Hi Martin! 

I think that if you check the Add ID Attribute parameter in Flip Solver > Particle Motion > Behavior, it should work just fine.  It's really amazing that Retime SOP! eheh

Abrazo Martincito!

• Like 1

On 12/20/2018 at 9:22 AM, merlino said:

Hi Martin! 

I think that if you check the Add ID Attribute parameter in Flip Solver > Particle Motion > Behavior, it should work just fine.  It's really amazing that Retime SOP! eheh

Abrazo Martincito!

ahaha Marco my friend!, that was funny :lol:.

Yey, I completely forgot that checkbox!, I didn't try yet, but is that for sure.

Thanks!

Otro abrazo a ti!

Cheers for that tip! BTW is there an Upres Retime for FLIP like Gas Up Res?