jhorikawa

Use Sublime Text for external editor on macOS.

Hello all,

I have a question regarding to how I can use Sublime Text as an external scripting editor for VEX / Python on macOS.

I have tried editing houdini.env as follows but Sublime didn't open when I clicked the button "External Editor" on scripting window.

EDITOR = "/Applications/Sublime\ Text.app/Contents/MacOS/Sublime\ Text"

I suspected it's because of the space in directory's name but if I change the name of the application then it screws up the Sublime Text app itself so I cannot do that. I've also tried following but nothing worked.

EDITOR = "/Applications/Sublime Text.app/Contents/MacOS/Sublime Text"

The reason why I think it is due to the spacing on directory's name is because when I tried to set the external editor to Atom which has no space on any directory to it's bin file, it launched ok when I pressed External Editor button on scripting window in Houdini.

EDITOR = "/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/MacOS/Atom"

But I would really like to use Sublime Text for editing the script instead of Atom, so my question is... how can I escape the space for the file path on houdini.env on macOS?

I'm using

Houdini Indie 17.0.352
macOS Mojave 10.14.1

Thank you

Hi buddy, I tired with the loophole codes, it worked for a while before crashing on the line at breaks.

Regards,

Smith