demoan666

Polyextrude in a loop extrude distance by primitive attribute

hi

i have a grid, with color on red channel (randomly varying value),  on certain primitives. now i want to extrude each primitive based ot their respective @Cd.r values. any thoughts? i would appreciate any help!

thanks

od01.jpg

Edited by demoan666

or don't use loop

just Poly Extrude in Individual Components mode, check Distance Scale in Local Attributes, put your prim attribute name in there, and play with Distance slider

the distance will be multiplied by values in Distance Scale attribute per component 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, anim said:

or don't use loop

just Poly Extrude in Individual Components mode, check Distance Scale in Local Attributes, put your prim attribute name in there, and play with Distance slider

the distance will be multiplied by values in Distance Scale attribute per component 

<3

13 minutes ago, demoan666 said:

thank you Alexey so much for the tip!

As noted above, it is better to use the local extrude feature. I just wanted to show how to do it in loop. Local extruding (without loop) has better performance.

7 minutes ago, Alexey Vanzhula said:

As noted above, it is better to use the local extrude feature. I just wanted to show how to do it in loop. Local extruding (without loop) has better performance.

i agree, however, i am trying to understand the various loops, so thanks a lot :)

Edited by demoan666
  • Like 1