art3mis

[vellum] Enable Self Collision on only 1 of 2 merged geos

Hi
Have a Vellum network with 2 pieces of geometry draped separately, then merged and input to a single Vellum Solver.
The problem is that I want ‘Self Collision’ to be only enabled on 1 of these merged geos.
How would I accomplish this?

SelfCollisions.jpg

Thanks. However I believe there is still the issue of the 'Self Collisions' toggle on the actual Vellum Solver overriding anything defined in a wrangle further upstream.

Guessing this requires 'hacking' the actual Solver?

4 minutes ago, art3mis said:

However I believe there is still the issue of the 'Self Collisions' toggle on the actual Vellum Solver overriding anything defined in a wrangle further upstream.

that's not the case

you geometry that has i@disableself or i@disableexternal at 1 will ignore those collisions regardless of the solver level settings as attributes are more granular

the problem that you are hitting is that all the vellum geometry is self and any other object in the same dopsim is external

as far as I know there is no way to do collisiongroups to distinguish individual pieces within vellum geo and define more granular collision pairing, I may be wrong though as Vellum is still being actively developed

Darn. Yeah tried throwing the wrangle inside the Solver but made no difference.

Ended up doing 2 separate solves and merging AFTER the simulation. Not ideal but in my case I can get away with it because my Layer0 clothing hugs the surface of my collision geo and doesn't really interact with the Layer1 clothing.

Screen Shot 2019-01-15 at 3.45.21 PM.png