mranosa

Beginner's problem in compiling

Hey guys ...

I am trying to learn HDK from the documentation of sidefx which i find sufficient for a beginner like me ...

I compiled the sample star sop successfully with hcustom though I didn't what is the hython order to create proto.py so this is the first problem ...

When I tried makefiles I didn't understand exactly from the documentation what to do and when i write make in houdini cmd it says "'make' is not recognized as an internal or external command" .. I am sure I didn't understand the written so can someone please explain how to do this in windows...

I have the same problem in Cmake compiling ,, I don't understand this..

sorry guys I know I am really beginner and my questions seem very silly as the compiling is explained but i didn't understand but could u please help me ???

If you don't have skills and experience in c++ compilation and build systems such as Make or Cmake, just stick to hcustom, it's there for a reason.

4 hours ago, Stalkerx777 said:

If you don't have skills and experience in c++ compilation and build systems such as Make or Cmake, just stick to hcustom, it's there for a reason.

So anyone can help us in our problem?