Nodalception

For Each problèm in Houdini 17

Hello everyone,

I come to you because I have a little trouble understanding a tutorial. Indeed I look at the tutorial "Abstract Effect a Houdini" the problem is that it is a version prior to 17 and since the node "For Each" has changed.

So in the Tutorial it does as in the picture 1 to get the picture 2

I block here (picture 3) and there are plenty of node for each and I do not know which to choose. . . I tried several times but I can not get the same result.

Do you have any ideas ?

Thank you in advance everyone.

1.png

2.png

3.png

Check out this video. It demonstrates how to unhide nodes that were in previous versions of Houdini.

https://www.sidefx.com/tutorials/unhide-hidden-nodes/

Many older tutorials are not worth pursuing. It is better to spend your time learning the new workflow, instead.

Edited by Atom

37 minutes ago, Atom said:

Check out this video. It demonstrates how to unhide nodes that were in previous versions of Houdini.

https://www.sidefx.com/tutorials/unhide-hidden-nodes/

Many older tutorials are not worth pursuing. It is better to spend your time learning the new workflow, instead.

HOOO MY GOD

Really thank you for this vidéo.

Yes i would like learn the new workflow but i dont see a same tutorial in a new houdini :-/

Seems you might wan't to try the for each connected piece.

By default it creates and runs over pieces of geometry that are connected.
But you can also change the attribute it uses to isolate pieces to something else, for example give each group an unique value in a single attribute and use that attribute for the loop.

Hi there,

@Maurits could you please explain how to achieve what you just suggested ? I'm trying to create a name attribute, for all primitives in the same group, for all present groups.