bbentley81

generating constraint networks from impacts

Greetings All,

I am trying to generate constraint network geometry based on the impact points of packed rigid objects. I am a bit new to dops and I would like to know if my logic is correct, as well as ask a few questions.

Logic:

Within the sop solver node in dops there is a relationships import, an impacts import, and a dynamic objects import.

I  want to use the points generated by the impacts with a connect adjacent pieces sop to make the primitives for the constraint network.

I  will somehow have to get the name for the constraint anchors from the dynamics objects import for the points.

Questions:

Should this sop solver be attached to the post solve of the rigidbody solver, into a multi solver, or into the constraints network node?

How can I get what point corresponds to what object. I am thinking maybe the primuv vex function as I am assuming that the points generated are on the surface of the impact

do I need to make the impact point persistant, possibly with a geometry solver inside the sop solver 0_o.

how do I point the constraint network to these new points and primitives.

any help would be greatly appricitated. I have attached an example file with my bubblings.

Cheers,

B

contraintsFromImpact.hipnc