morn66

Save multiple BGEO inside a loop

Hi everyone,

I want to create 10 wooden plank with small variation. I used an offset noise inside a for-loop to generate different plank.

The problem I have is that I want at the end of the loop to save the bgeo to disk but I dont know how to tell the for-loop to execute the save operation after each iteration. (because I can't connect the ROP geo to the output). Everything works if I go One by one and do a manual single pass.

questionHoudiniLoopSave.PNG

What a intersting question I just got the same problem . 

Posted (edited)

Finally I have found another solution that can achieve the same goal. Insted of creating the noise offset inside the loop, I use $FF to change the offset overtime. So I can set my Rop_Geo to render frame from 1 to 10. (dont need the loop anymore)

Maybe it will work with what you want to achieve @avak.

Edited by morn66
  • Thanks 1

alternatively you could also just have put $FF into your foreach-end single pass condition and then your rop after the foreach. Write out 10 frames, get 10 variations.

• Thanks 2

On 4/16/2019 at 5:37 PM, morn66 said:

Finally I have found another solution that can achieve the same goal. Insted of creating the noise offset inside the loop, I use $FF to change the offset overtime. So I can set my Rop_Geo to render frame from 1 to 10. (dont need the loop anymore)

Maybe it will work with what you want to achieve @avak.

nice one, very clever

On 16/04/2019 at 4:43 PM, Jesper Rahlff said:

alternatively you could also just have put $FF into your foreach-end single pass condition and then your rop after the foreach. Write out 10 frames, get 10 variations.

Yep I would have recommended this as well as this way you may not even need to run a for loop. I did a similar setup to create a few instances to render later.