Marythebest537

Procedural Spline generator from Houdini to Unreal

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to create a Tool with Houdini Engine for Unreal Engine 4. I want to create a spline on which points I can place different meshes. For example: procedural loop shapes, twist shapes, banking etc. (like a rollercoaster).

Could anyone give me some advice on how to do it? Or send me a tutorial about it? 

My goal is to create a Tool that allows me to create multiple splines in Unreal and attach them to one another in order to create a single track. How can I set the Tool to combine each spline into a track every time in new "pice" is created and still be able to edit that single piece? I'd like to create a button that allows me to create new curves in Unreal ad a part of the Digital Asset and then edit those curves as described this? Do you think is possible or there's better way to accomplish this?

In Houdini I created a procedural curve(where I can set banking) and another curve(where I can set loop shapes) that it is attached to the last point of the first curve. But, I don't know how I can create this tool in Houdini to create this track in Unreal and continue to add new procedural curves after and blend them.

I have attached what I created in Houdini and imported into Unreal with Houdini Engine.

Houdini_splineEditor.JPG

Unreal_splineEditor.JPG

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.