Sign in to follow this  
OliverStock

Houdini Engine to Unity Scatter-HDA

Hello,

I tried to create a rather simple scatter tool for Unity to test a few things. Most things work but I have a few questions.

1) Since I am importing all my scatter-objects in one object merge node differentiating between them is not easy. I worked thorugh this by checking connectivity but I feel like this is not the intended way.

2) I want to weight the scattering and added a couple of float-parameters to the hda (weight1, weight2, ...). I have not found a way to hide the parameters when they are not needed though. I added an int-parameter that checks "numobj" in the object merge node and tried to use this value as a way of hiding my weight-parameters but it did not work.

Example:

int-parameter foo = ch("merge_scatter_objects/numobj")

weight5 -> hide when { foo  <=  5}

When I made foo invisible I had no way to check the value of it in Unity, when I made it visible it was only driven by the slider next to it. Any idea what I did wrong?

3) The object merge node allows me to group the points, but having an integer with values from 0 to n would be much easier to handle. Is there a way to convert groups with a syntax of group_0, group_1, group_2, ... to an int "group" with values 0, 1, 2, ...? The way it is right now I have to cut strings and do other really slow and inefficient operations.

I also have not watched the 4 hourse of Jeff Wagner talking about HDA buiilding/HDA in Engine so maybe my questions get answered there...

HDA and .hip-File attached:

Scatterer_hda.hdanc

Scatterer_hip.hipnc

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this