Sign in to follow this  
nicoladanese

kill pop force contribution on Y

hey!

is there a way of limiting or killing the contribution of pop force in an axis?

Posted (edited)

Can't you just zero that axis' velocity, inside a popwrangle?

v@v.y = 0;

Edited by Atom

hey! well this way I set to zero the velocity of the point, while I want to set to zero the contribution of that particular pop force. I just found out inside the pop force there's a geometry vop to set the force, where basically you can do whatever you want with the force resulting from that pop node

I'm too used to maya where you don't have access to nodes, they are just black boxes you have to use the way they are designed and that's it. so good in houdini you can basically modify everything just by diving inside and having a look!

if you unlock the POP force node and go into the noise_force VOP, you can see on the right how it combines the force every frame, there are two bind nodes: one to bring the force into the vop, and second to output it. Between them there is an add node and it combines the force with a calculation from the current frame.

If you want to kill the additional force you are adding on one axis, you could drop down multiply node and multiply it with a constant vector - for example (1,1,0), that way it will only add the force on x and y axis.