Why is my Color Transfer Offset?

domsewell

Hi Guys,

Im trying to achieve this stepped layering effect on my mesh and figured the correct approach woould be to use a shatter boolean with multiple cubes (which i have colored differently) and then transfer my Cd attributes across however although i am getting the hoirzontal cuts across my mesh in the correct place as intended, the color transfer is offset (almost as if my exactly half of the original cubes height)

Why is this occuring / how can i make sure the color transfer occurs only between the cut lines ?

wrongcolortransferexample.thumb.jpg.b78476515a41b60149d2182c371877c4.jpg

Thank you

probably because the color is taken from closest point and that's probably somewhere on the side of the cubes 

so if you want the color within the cube volumes you'll have better chance if you attribtransfer colors from colored cube center points if they happen to be along the single line

21 hours ago, anim said:

probably because the color is taken from closest point and that's probably somewhere on the side of the cubes 

so if you want the color within the cube volumes you'll have better chance if you attribtransfer colors from colored cube center points if they happen to be along the single line

Hi Tomas,

Thank you for the reply, i am finding it hard to grasp the technique which you are describing could you perhaps provide an example file?

thank you so much

• 2 months later...