Posted (edited)

i'm trying to connect each point with the next one and then the centroid

what am i doing wrong? seems simple enough (maybe there is a node for that) ideally i want to make also edge loops after like concetric circles

connect_to_center.hip

Edited by philpappas

Hi philpappas. In your vex, you use i to iterate over the points. At the same time, you use i as an prim_num argument in addvertex here.

int  addvertex(int geohandle, int prim_num, int point_num)

So this might be a problem. Also it seems, that you may want the polyline, instead of the poly? I am not exactly sure, how the result should look like, but I attach a node solution for inspiration. I might help you with the vex too, but please clarify your intention. 

connect_to_center - v1.hiplc

connect_to_center - v1.PNG

• Like 1

Hi,

it works for me if you replace "i" in addvertex by "prim0" (even if type is "poly").

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ikoon said:

Also it seems, that you may want the polyline, instead of the poly

no i wanted "poly" and it worked great when i swapped i for prim0 in each addvertex function! thanks!! your method is interesting no vex, i'll have a look

23 minutes ago, ikoon said:

"node" method

great, now i'm not so sure this was the right method all along because i wanted to enumerate the prims as you see in the attached image. kind of a reversed matrix (thats how i'd do it in grasshopper)

i should probably construct the prims using the radial lines one by one and attach an attribute for each layer(?) ...i can think of ways but maybe i am over complicating it

current.JPG

wish.JPG

I am really not sure, if this is the best solution. I also feel like overcomplicating it :) 

BTW I have hardcoded 10 iterations. You can change that.

image.thumb.png.0521d6d756f15e4b45b87aade54b5d7a.png

connect_to_center - v2.hiplc

As Mark Twain said: “I didn’t have time to write a short letter, so I wrote a long one instead.” :)

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, ikoon said:

As Mark Twain said: “I didn’t have time to write a short letter, so I wrote a long one instead.” :)

hahah nice! i'll take a sip of coffee and read this one

Edited by philpappas