Sign in to follow this  
Masoud

Is it possible per-pieces scaling?

Hello;

In "Transform SOP" (or maybe other SOPs), is it possible to do a Per_Element scaling? I mean to scale each pieces based on it's bbox_center pivot, not based on main pivot (pivot defined in transform sop).

In 3DSMax you have several option to scale selected pieces of a geometry which is awesome ("Use Selection center", "Use Pivot point center" , ... ).

Thanks.

Scale.JPG

Run into a foreach with this expression in the pivot translate "$CEX $CEY $CEZ" of a trasnform, or in a primirive sop with "do trasnformation" enabled . Then you should be able to trasnform each primitive indipendently!

Best regards

Frankie

or set the pscale attribute per point before you copySOP it

image.thumb.png.ef54213bb9c3bb7c914f3df87f6c419b.png

Edited by garf

if it's packed you can use the (nasty?) node 'primitive' which I guess is a blackbox node that does a foreach on each prim

6f8944cddf026950a6007fbce08c437b.png

Thanks everyone. Problem solved by a Foreach loop, but using "Primitive" SOP is a good idea too.

I think it's a good idea that SESI adds an option to Transform SOP for such situations.

The standard workflow for this would be to set pscale on the points before you copy to points. If you're scaling each uniformly, you can also scale your box upstream.

On 8/22/2019 at 8:38 PM, dgani said:

The standard workflow for this would be to set pscale on the points before you copy to points. If you're scaling each uniformly, you can also scale your box upstream.

Thank you "dgani", but my question was in general, I mean if you import a 3d model from other software, then you will have no copy point to use "pscale".

(As you can see in my uploaded picture, I blured image of copy point nodes...).