Petas

Piling-up rocks in a container from emitter

Hello Houdinians

First i just want to say how precious is all the help and tutorials that all of you guys have provided, this is very generous of you and your talent!

Now that i have used flattery... (lol)
I have been using houdini for about 18 months, and i still have a steep learning curve ahead to learn VEX coding and expressions, but i am slowly understanding the basic principles...
I need to replicate an ancient building technique, and i need to create some variable size rocks falling from an emitter and filling-up a container or structure, piling up to fill the structure. (about 1000 rocks , between 20cm and 40cm, filling a 4m x 4m x4m box )
I found some tutorials relating to instancing or copy/stamp techniques, but some are from older versions of houdini and i have difficulty achieving this .

i manage to obtain a popnet liberating particles to which i instanced a sphere (rock) , but cannot get them as RBD to pile-up correctly.
I there an easy way using the shelf tools, or information you could help me find to help me build this rather simple simulation ?

thank you for any help, and have a great day!

Pierre D.