Sign in to follow this  
isah_voodoo

Velocity offsets point position from sops to dops

Hello,

I have a question about bringing in points from sops to dops for a FLIP simulation. 

When I add velocity to the points in sops, the points get an offset in dops based on how strong that velocity is. 

If I were to multiply the velocity in sops by something strong like 100, it will be offset even stornger in dops. 

I am trying to get the point positions to stay in there original position coming into dops. 

I know how to fix this issue in a particle netowrk setting the "Jiter Birth Time" to "none"..but how would i fix this with a FLIP sim ?

I will attach a scene file and screenshots for anyone that wants to take a look. 

Thank you. 

flip_point_offset.hip

correct_Positions.jpg

incorrect_Positions.jpg

Hi,

look at "Time Offset Scale" parameter of Volume Source dop, particles tab.

@vicvvshThis is exactly what I needed. Thank you

@karanjauraThanks. Your file is not working for me. I think that is a digital asset you installed. Seems interesting though. Where did you get it?

7 hours ago, isah_voodoo said:

@vicvvshThis is exactly what I needed. Thank you

@karanjauraThanks. Your file is not working for me. I think that is a digital asset you installed. Seems interesting though. Where did you get it?

seems like the particleFluidEmitter DOP ships with some version of Houdini. I'm using 17.5.173 and I do not have it, so must come with a later build

https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/nodes/dop/particlefluidemitter.html

28 minutes ago, 3dome said:

seems like the particleFluidEmitter DOP ships with some version of Houdini. I'm using 17.5.173 and I do not have it, so must come with a later build

https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/nodes/dop/particlefluidemitter.html

i am running it on ver 17.0.506, not sure if they removed particleFuildEmitter on version after that.

Edited by karanjaura

42 minutes ago, karanjaura said:

i am running it on ver 17.0.506, not sure if they removed particleFuildEmitter on version after that.

interesting. The docs state 17.5 but I think they removed it in 17.5 then and the docs page is just there for legacy purpose (because until it really is removed the operator is just hidden by default)