Car Shader

priel

and one more question for you madjestic.

i just quit my job recently and freelancing at home for the purpose of

learning programming(shading language and computer graphic) and math at home.

No money to go college/university.

Any advice??????

Well, I strongly doubt that I am the right man to ask and I doubt I can give advices either, anyway:

my situation was very close to yours - I quit my job in August after I understood that I was not learning much from my job any longer - and started working on my personal RnD projects and demoreel.

Some time ago I started feeling really pieced off with the math education I got at school (mainly the way it was taught

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good work Madjestic -- looks good and seems to move well. Well done! :thumbsup:

Yup, nice work there:) I'm sure the Xvid compression doesn't do it justice either.

Actually, I think if you upload a bare OTL to the Exchange, it'll convert the otl to a Houdini Master OTL as a reward for your sharing:)

• 1 year later...

Hi,

it is quite an old thread, but maybe you know if this shader's VOP net is available somewhere? I want to extend the shader to accept textures for some of the parameters, and maybe a few other things. I can add this in the code, but in VOPs it will be easier.

Thanks.

Hi.

Things are even worse. When I try to make any change to the shader's OTL, I get a warning message that the interface layout has changed or something, and all of the parameters

are gone.

Its like Houdini thinks all parameters are spare parameters, and not in the OTL's definition. Its probably because this shader was created in Houdini 8.

Any way around that?

EDIT:

Sorry, I have just noticed the example HIP file contains the VOP network. I just got used to work with VOP Vex Surface SHOP, and creating the vop network inside the shader. I forgot about

these VOP networks.

Everything is fine now.

Edited by ofer