Attribute vop point smoothing/blurring

luidox

That video I posted basically did the job. More or less. 

not too impressed with this forum.  It’s like talking to socially awkward programmers. Not to mention the whole down voting is a bit classless.  Last time I saw such a system was in my daughters preschool.  
I do appreciate people chiming in and trying to help but all in all I got more help from the sidefx forum. Perhaps it’s topic dependent  

better luck next time I guess :/ 

Edited by luidox
  • Downvote 2

Pretty contemptuous attitude.
The truth is, no one really understands what you want to do. You don't post any files or sketches. Despite everything, people are trying to help you.
If it's just mixing two nodes, noise or something else in a vop, like in the video, toadstorm gave you the answer in his file.
He took time to make this file for you and you don't even bother to tell him if his proposal is close or far from what you want.
If you have more appropriate answers on the sideFX forum, share them, it can be useful for everyone.

Edited by flcc

6 hours ago, flcc said:

The truth is, no one really understands what you want to do. You don't post any files or sketches. Despite everything, people are trying to help you.
If it's just mixing two nodes, noise or something else in a vop, like in the video, toadstorm gave you the answer in his file.
He took time to make this file for you and you don't even bother to tell him if his proposal is close or far from what you want.
If you have more appropriate answers on the sideFX forum, share them, it can be useful for everyone.

Put in simple terms, I’m using an attribVops 4 inputs to blend separate tree stems.  In my case I couldn't put a cost effective blur inside my established “all in one” attrib vop so I broke up the info into separate vops with an attrib blur added to each.  Then I’m multiplying them back together through a single attribvop. So far it works.  It was just a matter of adding the position of the vop with a few “import points” set to 2nd-4rth inputs. 

• Thanks 1

Ok here’s a question.  I know how to vertex paint based on RGBA.  But how do you vertex paint based on a numerical ID? For instance say I wanted to paint attribute VOP data based on an ID.

Edited by luidox

On 11/16/2019 at 4:21 PM, flcc said:

See what I mean with this forum? 

• 8 months later...

Dunno if you're still here or not, luidox, but I was trying how to figure out exactly what you were, combining and blurring noises within a single vop. Wild if it really can't be done easily, but thanks for posting that solution. It can at least unblock me! :)

• 1 year later...