Sign in to follow this  
aukadauma

Moana Water Separation Scene

Hi, this is my first post here, so just tell me if I'm posting on the wrong categorie or anything!

Ok so basically, I'm a 4th year animation student, and I need to recreate the scene from Moana where the sea splits, just like the images below :MoanaHelp02.thumb.png.73411deaffb65d8bc5238b632d6316c2.pngMoanaHelp01.thumb.png.94f03832640ace3f4e7b972538602e94.png

My problem right now is for the ocean : I need to not simulate the water and make it by myself with a mesh.

What I've done so far is making a geo out of a curve, and put a mountain node to it to make the wave effect. But I think I need to use something more specific, like a vop that would allow me to to control the noise effect with a ramp, so I can chose wich part of my sea is more or less influenced by the noise, but I have no idea how...

If you guys have some tips, or know how I could manage this problem, that would be great!

Thanks a lot!

Eau_001.hipnc

You can blend (using a little Attribute Wrangle/VOP, for example) between a smooth surface and your noisy surface using a point attribute.   You can create that point attribute in a million ways, and so, again, using an Attribute VOP to create it using a Ramp Parameter against the  u value of the curve, and make sure the value is swept onto your geo.

An ocean with a bend and a mirror gets you close. You might even be able to mask the white water where the bend occurs.

fluid_wall.gif

Thank you all for your replies! I'll check your answers later today! :)