Sign in to follow this  
Skip

Is there a bug in the Assemble SOP?

I'm not sure if my workflow is incorrect but I have found something a little odd with transferring groups with the Assemble SOP.

I was doing a sim and needed to use the rbdconfigure to set the active area. After that node however, some of my primitive groups I use to texture were either empty or had the wrong amount of primitives in them.

I googled around and found that most solutions were to make sure the Assemble SOP was transferring the groups. However the only thing that got it to work was to make sure the Transfer Groups field was completely empty... I had to unlock the rbdconfigure HDA and clear the fields. Now I have all my groups and everything is working fine...

As I said, not sure if I did something wrong further up the chain but maybe this is a bit of a PSA for anyone finding a similar issue.

it looks like a bug with Unpack SOP

seems like it is always transferring groups from packed to unpacked therefore overriding the original ones

so maybe you can also just delete the groups on your packed pieces before unpacking at the end, instead of breaking into RBD Configure to not transfer them

2 hours ago, anim said:

it looks like a bug with Unpack SOP

seems like it is always transferring groups from packed to unpacked therefore overriding the original ones

so maybe you can also just delete the groups on your packed pieces before unpacking at the end, instead of breaking into RBD Configure to not transfer them

Aha, good spot. That's a tidier solution than mine, I'll give it a go. Thanks!

Houdini 18.0.372    Fixed a bug in the Unpack SOP where groups could be transferred to the unpacked geometry even if the Transfer Groups parameter was empty.

Excellent! Thanks for the help Tomas!