Sign in to follow this  
Three65

save failed no such file or directory

I recently bought the Ivy Taming 1.0 HDA  and imported some geometry in to use with it and now that I have my scene set up I am trying to export the ivy as a .OBJ or .FBX and keep getting the error "save failed no such file or directory" I have tried right clicking and saving the geo, using a file node in write mode and even tried a ROP export geometry node. However none of them seem to be writing out the geo I need to import back into C4D. I am thinking that I maybe need to pack or convert the Houdini asset somehow to turn it into geometry that can be exported? Just an idea or maybe I am missing something really simple. If anyone has encountered this error and knows what might be causing it I would appreciate any insight that could be given.   

I am able to save it out as a .bgeo and re-import it into houdini using a file node. I then tried to save it out from the file node as a .obj and get the same error.

Had the same problem with the same plugin. The liana exports fine but the stems and leaves are handled differently. Use a convert node to turn them into polys and then you'll be able to export them out. Hope that helps.

Thank you that suggestion @acgpepper 

Threw down a convert node and could then save .obj without getting no such file or directory exists issue.