starion83

FLIP Retiming jitter

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to retime a flip sim, but the retime node is creating a jittering when interpolating frames.

Would this have anything to do with particle ids or num of particles changing between frames? and this is mucking up the interpolation?

Thanks in advance,

David

RetimeJitter.hiplc

Try Retiming  By Speed instead. Keep your input and output ranges equal, but change the speed value. I would Retime from the Suface Cache node, not the Compressed Cache node.

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by Atom

Hey Atom,

Thanks for the fast reply!

I did try this, however I'm not sure how it will be able to interpolate the surface cache, as it's remeshed each frame from the particles.

5e971a1784fd4_Annotation2020-04-15102722.png.865a09475cc5779a387d8d7fa704bce2.png

This is why I was trying to retime direct from the particles. However I'm getting a similar result to this still...

RetimeJitter_surfaceCache.hiplc

I still haven't worked out how to get the retime node working with flip sim. Each time I get this strange jittering in the frames it's trying to interpolate. Anyone? :)

depends on the type of the flip sim

for retiming purposes it's easier if you dont use any reseeding or narrow band also make sure to check Add Id Attribute in any case

Edited by anim