Sign in to follow this  
dyei nightmare

is it posible to use FEM target constraints per point?

is it posible to use FEM target constraints per point?   i dont even know if this is deprecated by vellum workflows, but assuming it isnt,   im talking about this node. 

https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/nodes/dop/targetconstraint.html

is it posible to define a float values that determines the strenght of the soft target?  using "stiffness"  as variable doesnt work,  and there is just a targetP attribute vector that doesnt help on this 

and "targetstiffness"  is not very acurate, even if you have such a big numbers like 1000000000 it doesnt follow your target very preciselly 

the situation is this:

basically "targetstiffness" doesnt work at all,  even if you have very high value,   the only thing that works is fem target constraint, but it doesnt have a per point attribute,  is just a boolean, yes or no,   and i want to set up a falloff

----------->  fem_for_od .hip

Edited by dyei nightmare

i came up with a solution with  target constraint, but it is not the most elegant solution,  i would like to find a solution based on  a  "falloff" attribute like targetstiffness but  an acurrate one 

edit: it looks strange, but dont dont look at is as...  "that" ............  :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:  

fem_for_od2.hip

Edited by dyei nightmare

im  starting to wonder if  FEM is obsolete against  vellum   :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by dyei nightmare
nothing