Sign in to follow this  
caskal

Couple Vellum questions (pressure by att. and attach)

Hey magicians, got couple questions regarding Vellum:

17BngU9iZL.gif.0e544bf515efdf3c1fdba9958cb5fc7b.gif

First one, how can I inflate stuff via an attribute? I tried making a color attribute and doing a shitty vex (i dont know nothing about it so is normal that isnt working), I also tried making groups outside and putting that into the properties with no luck.

Im trying to inflate only the hands when I slide the restscale, here's a image to ilustrate:

rsCvjkNpBv.thumb.png.2c09b0fe194e4bd794200fe31e6e416e.png

Second doubt: Right now I made the arms just fall and collide with the body, but how can I create constraints by having points of 2 different meshes? here's a pic to guide:

dcmHwBafJA.png.e7a3caaf0eeba0abcdcdf7f2e7b781a1.png

Should I blast points of inner arm, blast points of the tshirt, connect adjascent pieces and use that as constraints?

Any help will be super useful

Thanks!

Hey for the first part of your question I can suggest this video. He shows how to create and attribute to drive the pressure. You have to create a sop solver in the vellum solver to transfer the attributes.

For the second part you just need to create groups on the body  and arms and use the vellum constraints like attach to geometry  and then you can use your groups in there.

Edited by Dubtronics
  • Thanks 1

Here is a very simple example of animating rest length. Just make sure you have the correct output group exported in the constraint and in the constraint property.

AnimateRestLength.hip

• Thanks 1

Hey guys! @Dubtronics @treebog

Thanks for the tut and the hip file, really useful. I also tried a method I found here in odforce that transfers the Cd on sops and import thats in the vellum dop in a sop solver.

Here are some anim tests I ended up making:

Thanks again!

Cheers!

• Like 3