tagosaku

how to import constraint from DOP to SOP

Hi, I am looking for how to import simed constraint object from DOP to SOP, in order to use DOP data (distance, impact attributes, etc, per primitive).  I am guessing we should be able to import constraint data by Dop Import node, but there are something mistakes. 

I found another way that he turns on a constraint network node > relationship > ON attach internal constraint object parm, but I want to keep turning off this parameter. 

Thanks

image.thumb.png.a22f30e0921d9cc71b3cdb7ec8df839e.pngconst02.thumb.png.29488e8333cca9be9a9368a9cbadd42b.png

Edited by tagosaku

Use an Object Merge pointing to this:

../dopnet1/constraintnetwork/overwrite_with_sop/fetch_old_value

Point to your dopnet of course.

Hope that helps

Oh, my god! Suprisingly that magic path is working! Thanks :D

I wonder how you found this part "/overwrite_with_sop/fetch_old_value" in Houdini help(document) :o:ph34r:

unfortunately this method does not bring the animated constraints, they are not moving, i just see my pre-sim constraints with animated attributes, but the primitives are static. Is there a way to bring the deformed constraints back to sops?

On 03.02.2022 at 4:47 PM, papsphilip said:

unfortunately this method does not bring the animated constraints, they are not moving, i just see my pre-sim constraints with animated attributes, but the primitives are static. Is there a way to bring the deformed constraints back to sops?

yeah this is the only thing that worked in the end , but i had some glitches that didn't happen in the sim. The constraints change back to static for some random frames.