Currently finishing Joy of Vex, Entagma videos, Vex for Artist just to build the necessary knowledge to watch these. Super excited, I will pre-buy shortly. Thank you for such an incredible series. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kiryha said:

Hello Yunus, this course looks outstanding, thanks for sharing!

How did you combine the Scene View with Network View (when you manage the creation of nodes on top of the camera view)?

Thanks a lot Kiryha!

I achieved the overlay network editor by writing a lot of Python Qt code :)

https://gumroad.com/animatrixx#Igugf

It doesn't seem to work on mac/iOS though due to some weird Qt bug.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2020 at 12:47 PM, NoaX said:

Currently finishing Joy of Vex, Entagma videos, Vex for Artist just to build the necessary knowledge to watch these. Super excited, I will pre-buy shortly. Thank you for such an incredible series. 

Same here. trying to prepare my self for this one! Looks so good!!!!

• Like 1

Thanks a lot guys!

On 2020-08-20 at 8:39 PM, cudarsjanis said:

Same here. trying to prepare my self for this one! Looks so good!!!!

You can always interleave with other content :) Even though the course is advanced, there is still a progression of complexity within the course. So starting with basic elements, it gradually ramps up in complexity and ends with highly technical topics.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that we know about gradients, there is another concept that's related to them that can be acquired quite easily, and that concept is contour lines.

A contour line (also isoline) of a function of two variables is a curve along which the function has a constant value, so that the curve joins points of equal value. There are very interesting relationships between the gradients and the contour lines.

We have already seen how to apply gradient ascent, descent and contour lines to heightfield like planar geometry. The same concept can be applied to heightfields.

Because heightfields are volumes, getting the gradient is very easy by using the volumegradient function. The normal of a heightfield is (0, 1, 0) if the heightfield is an XZ volume, meaning facing up. Getting the cross product of both of these vectors will give you the contour lines.

Subdivision surfaces are piecewise parametric surfaces defined over meshes of arbitrary topology.

It's an algorithm that maps from a surface to another more refined surface, where the surface is described as a set of points and a set of polygons with vertices at those points. The resulting surface will always consist of a mesh of quadrilaterals.

• 4 weeks later...

Due to popular demand Pragmatic VEX: Volume 1 now comes with subtitles available in the following languages: English, Japanese, Chinese, Korean and Spanish. The subtitles are in srt format.

This will greatly increase the reach of the course to a much wider audience.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Since the release of my Houdini tutorial, a lot of people have been asking me about the overlay network editor shown in the videos. It's not a video trick, or a feature in Houdini :) It's part of my Supercharged extension: https://gum.co/fxsup

It has a lot more enhancements such as context-sensitive rule-based hotkeys that can invoke hotkeys based on custom rules and even the ability to assign a key sequence (dual keys) for any action or even a custom function call.

Apart from this, there are close to 100 other features that are too long to list here but I will make a new video that shows each one in detail.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6747163270169407488

2cM1jWJ.png

For efficiency of editing and reducing course length, all code shown in the course is written by a standalone program written in C# that mimics natural human like typing that has dozens of controls for randomized and contextual character delays, gradual speed increase over longer words as well as getting faster and faster with each instance of repetition.

I wrote this program to provide a smoother learning experience for the viewers, rather than wasting people's time with my mistakes, or wasting my time editing my mistakes.

Note that the development of the written code and the node networks are non-linear which is the most time consuming part of the planning, and as such this program respects that requirement.

Edited by animatrix

• animatrix changed the title to Pragmatic VEX: Volume 1 [4K] [H20]