FREE Patreon giveaway!

To celebrate the 2 year anniversary of Pragmatic VEX: Volume 1, I am giving away 1 month of FREE patreon subscription for the new purchases of the course in this month.

https://www.patreon.com/animatrix

Started in 2017, I posted over 120 advanced production tools, tips, tricks and techniques with a lot more to come at 3 posts per month!

Simply contact me after and I will arrange the patreon subscription!

• 2 months later...

Pragmatic VEX: Volume 1 has been updated to ever changing Houdini. In that sense the course is very much alive, always keeping up with the latest changes in the software so you can be assured that you learning the most up to date methods and workflows in a production environment.

All existing users receive the updates immediately as soon as they are pushed. The included HDAs are also updated in sync with the material.

• 1 month later...

KineFX driven Face Peeling FX presentation at Gamescom Asia 2022 (Singapore) is up on SideFX Houdini vimeo channel:

There is a sneak peek of Pragmatic VEX: Volume 2 where I showcase the new Poly Carve SOP, one of the major chapters in the upcoming VEX course.

I also talk a bit about my own UX design in Houdini based on the inquiry by Fianna :)

Huge thanks to SideFX for letting me present on their platform B)

Hope you find it useful!

Edited by animatrix
  • Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Houdini is being used to create the new concept videos that explains the theory behind complex topics in illustrative style instead of using Photoshop. It takes a lot of time to create these low level tools in Houdini that mimics a 2d presentation style but the benefits far weigh the efforts spent.

It creates better consistency, higher quality of presentations, opens a lot more doors for getting ideas across, i.e. having animated presentations that wouldn't be possible using standard painting apps. This alone makes it possible to explain a lot more in less screen space since everything is live Houdini geometry.

These low level tools still need a lot of work before I can fully utilize them but here is a sneak peak from Pragmatic VEX: Volume 2 concepts (WIP, color theme pending changes):

image.thumb.png.bf2006e9979a0360e2b93840862b884b.png

It's highly likely all the concept chapters of Pragmatic VEX: Volume 1 will be recreated using the same Houdini tools sometime in the future once the tools are finalized.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A brand new bonus chapter for Pragmatic VEX: Volume 1 is in the works that shows unconventional performance optimizations to gain extreme levels of performance out of complex networks.

Custom VEX-based Catmull-Clark Subdivide SOP is optimized to be up to 10 times faster, creating an even bigger performance gap with Houdini's subdivision algorithms used in the Subdivide SOP in some instances (Houdini Catmull-Clark and OpenSubdiv Catmull-Clark).

The new bonus chapter consists of 13 videos spanning over 1.5-2 hours (pending editing) reaching about 15 hours of total video length in the entire course in an already densely packed, highly planned and highly edited advanced VEX course for artists and TDs ready to get to the next level in Houdini.

• 2 weeks later...

Google is the latest company to join again the impressive list of companies and studios that use Pragmatic VEX: Volume 1 as part of their training. It shows how some companies truly value the growth of their employees, which makes it an even better place to work at!

NhdnC4C.png

Edited by animatrix

• 1 month later...

Uncover the Depth of VEX with the Pragmatic VEX: Volume 1 Codex!

I've added a searchable Codex to Pragmatic VEX: Volume 1, featuring over 80,000 words taken directly from the course content, offers the searchability of text-based tutorials with the engaging visuals of video lessons. This will help you pinpoint the exact video and time of any term or concept! No more endless scrolling or rewinding to find where something was mentioned!

Happy learning!

Edited by animatrix
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Get ready to turbocharge your Houdini skills! We've just dropped a brand-new bonus chapter for Pragmatic VEX: Volume 1, packing an even bigger punch of advanced techniques to supercharge your VEX workflows. This extraordinary update offers unprecedented insights into unconventional performance optimizations that will make your complex networks fly.

The new content brings over 2 hours of video spanning 13 videos, taking the course duration to a staggering 15 hours of precision-crafted, expertly edited advanced VEX content. This isn't your run-of-the-mill course update - it's a knowledge explosion set to propel your Houdini capabilities to new heights!

This bonus chapter isn't just an addition to Pragmatic VEX: Volume 1, it's an exhilarating enhancement. Existing course holders will gain immediate free access to this extra content as a special thank you for their loyalty. Furthermore, anyone purchasing the course from now on will also receive this bonus material, providing even more value. This is our commitment to continually bringing you the best in advanced VEX learning.

• 2 months later...

Time flies when you're having fun with VEX!

It's the anniversary of Pragmatic VEX: Volume 1, the highly acclaimed advanced VEX course. Thank you to our amazing community for making this journey unforgettable and the countless artists it has empowered.

Here's to many more years of VEX magic!

• 3 weeks later...

JAkjPTN.jpg

Downtime? It's Learning Time! The industry may be quiet, but your growth shouldn't be!

https://www.pragmatic-vfx.com

Unmatched in the VEX Realm! Our 3rd bonus content for Pragmatic VEX: Volume 1 on "Flow Field Visualization" is in the works. We're diving deep—explore the spectrum of flows from single and bidirectional flows to intricate advanced backward and forward tracing techniques, right up to linear, smooth, cubic volume sampling and a lot more!

Such dedication to enrichment and growth, years post-launch, is unprecedented in any commercial course. Grab the unique opportunity with a special discount while it lasts!

Follow us on X/Twitter for the latest VEX insights and more: https://twitter.com/pragmaticvfx

Edited by animatrix

• animatrix changed the title to Pragmatic VEX: Volume 1 [4K] [H20]

Pragmatic VEX: Volume 1 aligns with the evolution of Houdini 20. We've integrated the new applicable features and VEX functions into our course, ensuring you learn the most efficient VEX production techniques, so you can stay ahead in the rapidly advancing field of visual effects.

Edited by animatrix