badgerfx

liquid steel

Hey guys,

could you point me in a direction how I would go about doing this kind of effect.
Liquid steel pouring with break ups on the side, then when hitting the ground having splashes but also running down the present elements. At least that's how I interpret the picture.

Any pointers are highly appreciated.

Thanks

image001.jpg

Did you already try something? I'd start with a simple flip setup and increase viscosity. Then I'd try to play with velocity smoothing in the flip solver. A higher velocity smoothing gives you these nice tendrils (or was it less smoothing...?), just try it.

No, I did not, as work is blocking me right now, just wanted to check back with you guys for a hint. for one flip is new to me, and second velocity smoothing tip is exactly what I was looking for. I will try that and come back with the first tests.

Thanks

You can also add a fake air field to get tendrils on the side, it can help a lot and enhance your simulation ! 

I attached a very simple hda to simulate this.

Cheers, 

ra_FlipAirField.hdalc

definately not with pyro and not with pops ,  molten steel is a liquid anyway so flip is obviously the best way to do that ,  It will be hard and slow to create such splashes , will take time.

so good luck and hasta la vista, baby ! 

Thanks for the additional tipps, and sadly I won't sink a terminator in there