archo_p

Denoting an attribute as "Tex"

I have been needing to make some custom utility UV sets for use in things like Unreal nDisplay and other technical usages of texture coordinates.  I am using some atypical techniques to create and convert P and other attributes from second inputs on attribute wrangles and such, all is fine for this, but viewing the UVs has been tricky.  What I'm wondering is if there is a way to get a vector attribute to be "tagged" with the Tex "sub-type" so that it is available in the UV Viewport auto attribute list.  For now I've had to always create my UV attributes with a UV Texture SOP and then set those attributes to my results in a wrangle so that they maintain this mysterious (Tex) signifier you can see when getting info on a node next to the attribute ( for example : "uv0 3flt(Tex)" ).  I'm just wondering if there's a way to add this "tag" to an attribute down the pipe instead of via a UV SOP that initializes the attribute, thus making it appear in my list of uv attributes in the UV Viewport.  I can't discern an option for this in attribute create or otherwise, nor can i find  an official name for this attribute "tag" or "sub-type", anyone know?

Thanks!

P

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.