Mexxgen

Deform Box of Points (cells)

Hello friendly helpers,

to make it short and maybe a bit more easy to understand what my question is - a few screenshots. I tried it self coded which works well with a grid. Deforming a box works fine with a ripple solver. When i put a box into the sin-wave wrangle - the box deforms completely to the x-achsis...

I want to have a box of spheres, which behave like a sin wave over the whole box. The farest where i get my head is to have the spheres sitting on the x-achsis. But i need them as a box of spheres. It would also be nice if the spheres would collide between each other. I thought of doing this with vellum grains which worked actually pretty well, but in the end i got problems with forces. 

Is there any way to do this with vector force or velocity volumes? Or has my code the potential to fix it fast? ^^

Have a wonderful sunday btw :)

SharedScreenshot.jpg

SharedScreenshot4.jpg

SharedScreenshot2.jpg

SharedScreenshot8.jpg

SharedScreenshot9.jpg

Use transform Pieces Sop or Post Your Scene So someone Gonna Help:ph34r:

1452222.gif

Hello Tesan, first of all - i am a big fan of ur instagram, following for almost a year! ^^

I really dont know how the transform pieces sop works o.O

I will try to get into the transform pieces way.. anyway here is my current scenefile. The red folders mark the spot where i think i need help.

thanks!

VEX02_WavesOnSurface.hip

Edited by Mexxgen

Okay! Thank you! I experimented a bit with the transform pieces method. I think the assemble node was also good to set up :blush: When i setup the transform pieces sop i get more distance between the y distances on each sphere.. how? I simply put my wrangles rest position inside the third input of the transform pieces sop..

The ripple solver does a good job while transforming the box of spheres. But if i want to have collission - the spheres start to overlap at a decent amount of height of the waves.. How could i fix this?

I tried to wire the sin wave transformation at the beginning of a vellum solver and also at the end, as constraints.. and anywhere else. 

Is there a clean method to achieve a sin wave on a box of spheres with collision (or only no overlaps)?

Screen4_odforce.jpg

Screen3_odforce.jpg