denisVFX

FLIP fluids changes behaviour depending on particle separation

Hello! I am new to FLIP fluids simulation in Houdini and I found that FLIP fluids behaviuor totally changes depending on particle separation parameter. If I make more particles I am getting different shapes.

In this Example I am trying to make a fluid splash in different directions. I am setting initial particle velocities by attribute transfer from geometry.

And for example I like a shape of splash when particle separation = 0.05, but I want to get a quality mesh with nice thin shapes and round droplets, and for this I need to simulate more particles. But if I'm changing particle separation to 0.03 I have a different shape, with many small droplets and with totally different splash shape. 

What is wrong in my workflow? 

How to make a clean mesh with thin shapes, round droplets, not look like a metaballs mesh. 

For a reference https://www.pngitem.com/pimgs/m/312-3122129_liquid-splash-png-transparent-png.png

test_splash_v01.hipnc

reference_01.jpg

flip_splash_examples.jpg

Play with this Setup and Combine with Your Stuff Have Fun.  just make some gravitation/Force in setup for splash on Ground

oi.hiplc

oi.jpg

how exactly you ended up making the setup ? 

I've tried your setup but the results seem a bit odd. Do I have to pump up the resolution ?