Modeling challenge

anakin78z

:P Great to see everyone getting into the challenge. Really, after thinking about it, we don't have to pick a winner, but could instead treat it like the fx challenges, where merely we check out the results everyone comes up with, and maybe learn something along the way. Or we just look at pretty pictures, wich works for me too B) .

Work in progress. I hope to add a lot more detail, including a nice etching on the blade. Keep sendin' them swords...

post-19-1040085421.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

*phew!*

finally done with mine...except it looked SOoooo incredibly good I decided out of modesty to put it in a scabbard!!! and I included a fully textured and lit character in the shot, because it made the thing look all the more interesting, don't you think? I then composited the highly-realistic foreground CG elements into a live action background of rural america to give it that "natural" and grimy look...I'm rather proud of the result! finishing off with a grain filter that made the whole thing look like a photograph....hmmm....I should work a little bit more on my lighting....

and oh! oh! did I tell you it only took me 7 min 24secs?

feedback is appreciated ;p

post-19-1040094842.jpg

Yeah,

and it looks like it's made out of wood which means it can pass through the scanners and you'll be a real 3D terrorist. Then you can say "Surrender now or I'll hit you in the head and it's gonna hurt!"

But aside from jokes, your models are kick ass, Mark. I just checked out your page... :rolleyes: even that last model you made, is pretty good for 20 mins.

B) Kat